The PSTX combines many years of research and product development with extensive knowledge of application specific requirements and needs. It is the latest advancement in motor control and protection and adds new functionality and increased reliability.
• Three-phase controlled
• Operational voltage: 208 – 690 VAC
• Wide rated control supply voltage: 100 – 250 V, 50/60 Hz
• PSTX rated operational current: 30 to 1250 A (inside-delta: 2160 A)
• Both in-line and inside-delta connection
• Coated circuit boards protecting from dust, moist and corrosive atmosphere
• Detachable keypad rated IP66 (Type 1, 4X,12)
• Graphical display with 15 languages for easy setup and operation
• Built-in bypass for energy saving and easy installation
• Built-in Modbus RTU for monitoring and control
• Support for all major communication protocols
• Analog output for measurement of current, voltage, power factor etc.
Abb Soft Starter Manual
Complete motor protection
ABB's softstarters are also installation-friendly and can cut your assembly and startup time by being easy to use and easy to learn. With everything that you need in one unit, from bypass contactor to overload protection, a single Softstarter makes for a compact and complete starting solution. Soft Starter, PSE, PSR, PSRC, PSS, PST, PSTB.
The PSTX offers complete motor protection in only one unit and is able to handle both load and network irregularities. PT-100, earth fault protection and over/under voltage protection along with many other functions keep your motor safer than ever.
- The PSTX combines many years of research and product development with extensive knowledge of application specific requirements and needs. The PSTX is our latest advancement in motor control and protection and adds new functionality with increased reliability to any motor starting application.
- Fieldbus communication for Profibus DP V0/V1 (PSE) (English - pdf - Manual) Fieldbus Communication manual for PSE, Fieldbus Plug Modbus TCP (English - pdf - Manual) Fieldbus Communication manual for PSE, Internal Modbus RTU (English - pdf - Manual) Softstarters Type PSE18.PSE370 Installation and commissioning manual (English - pdf - Manual).
Three types of current limit
PSTX offers three types of current limit: standard, dual and ramp. This gives you full control of your motor during start. It also allows you to use your motor in weaker networks.
Built-in bypass saves time and energy
When reaching full speed, the PSTX will activate its bypass. This saves energy while reducing the softstarter’s heat generation. On the PSTX, the bypass is built in and verified by ABB, saving you time during installationand space in your panel.
Easy-to-use and detachable keypad
A user-friendly and clear display saves you time and resources during both setup and operation. The detachable keypad is standard on all PSTX softstarters.
Complete control of pumps
Time to use your processes to their full potential. The PSTX features many application enhancing features, including torque control: the most efficient way to start and stop pumps. The pump cleaning feature can reverse pump flow and clean out pipes, securing uptime of your pump system.
Jog with slow speed
The slow speed forward and backward jog feature will make you more flexible when operating e.g. conveyor belts and cranes. The PSTX provides positioning capabilities, letting you take control of your process.
|Rated operational voltage, Ue, 208 – 600 V AC|
|Rated control supply voltage, Us, 100 – 250 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|400 V Pe |
Max rated operational current Ie
|Type||Order code||Weight kg |
Abb Soft Starter Pstb User Manual
Please call the sales team to discuss your individual requirement.