- Heat And Glo Fireplace User Manual Download
- Heat N Glo Fireplace Owner's Manual
- Heat And Glo Fireplace 6000 Manual
View and Download Heat-N-Glo Gas Fireplace owner's manual online. Gas Fireplace Indoor Fireplace pdf manual download. Also for: Gas fireplace.
- Heat & Glo. SL-550 / 750 / 950TR-D. 2044-985 Rev. J. 6/06 1 Models: SL-950TR-D SL-750TR-D SL-550TR-D Owner’s Manual Installation and Operation. Do not store or use gasoline or other flamma-ble vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance. What to do if you smell gas - Do not try to light any appliance.
- View the quick guide below for a list of all downloads for Heat & Glo gas, wood, and electric fireplaces, gas stoves, and fireplace inserts including install manuals, architect guides, and other product-related materials.
- Finding the model of your fireplace, stove or insert Each fireplace and insert has a rating plate which contains your model number and serial number. Gas and wood burning fireplaces have a rating plate in the control compartment area, under the smoke shield or on the firebox side column.
WARNING: IMPROPER INSTALLATION,
ADJUSTMENT, ALTERATION, SERVICE
OR MAINTENANCE CAN CAUSE INJURY
OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. REFER TO
THIS MANUAL. FOR ASSISTANCE OR
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONSULT A
QUALIFIED INSTALLER, SERVICE
AGENCY, OR THE GAS SUPPLIER.
Underwriters Laboratories Listed
READ THIS MANUAL BEFORE INSTALLING
OR OPERATING THIS APPLIANCE. THIS
INSTALLERS GUIDE MUST BE LEFT WITH
APPLIANCE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
This appliance may be installed in an
aftermarket, permanently located,
manufactured (mobile) home, where
not prohibited by local codes.
2. This appliance is only for use with the
type of gas indicated on the rating
plate. This appliance is not convertible
for use with other gases, unless a
certified kit is used.
Please contact your Heat-N-Glo Fireplace dealer for any
questions or concerns. For the number of your nearest
Heat-N-Glo dealer, please call 612-890-8367.
Printed in U.S.A.
Heat-N-Glo Fireplace Products, Inc.
6665 West Highway 13, Savage, MN 55378
- Do not store or use gasoline or other
flammable vapors and liquids in the
vicinity of this or any other appliance.
- What to do if you smell gas
• Do not try to light any appliance.
• Do not touch any electrical switch.
• Do not use any phone in your building.
• Immediately call your gas supplier from
a neighbor's phone. Follow the gas
• If you cannot reach your gas supplier,
call the fire department.
- Installation and service must be
performed by a qualified installer,
service agency, or the gas supplier.
IF THE INFORMATION IN THESE
INSTRUCTIONS IS NOT
FOLLOWED EXACTLY, A FIRE
OR EXPLOSION MAY RESULT
CAUSING PROPERTY DAMAGE,
PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.
- Heat-N-Glo Main Menu
- Installers Guide List
- User's Information Manual
- Section 1
- Section 2
- Section 3
- Log Placement Instructions
Heat & Glo • Grand-I35, Grand-I35-SP, Supreme-I30, Supreme-I30-SP • 2206-900 Rev. K • 6/11
A. Standing Pilot Ignition System
With proper installation, operation, and maintenance your gas appliance will provide years of trouble-free service. If you
do experience a problem, this troubleshooting guide will assist a qualiﬁ ed technician in the diagnosis of a problem and the
corrective action to be taken. This troubleshooting guide can only be used by a qualiﬁ ed technician. Contact your dealer to
arrange a service call by a qualiﬁ ed technician.
1. After repeated triggering
of the red or black piezo
ignitor button, the spark
ignitor will not light the
A. No gas or low gas pressure.
Check the remote shut-off valves from the appliance. Usually, there
is a valve near the gas main. There can be more than one valve be-
tween the appliance and the main.
B. No lp in tank.
Check the LP (propane) tank. You may be out of fuel.
Check the spark at the electrode and pilot. If no spark and electrode
wire is properly connected, replace the ignitor. Verify that there is no
short in electrode wire.
D. Pilot or misaligned electrode
(spark at electrode).
Using match, light the pilot. If the pilot lights, turn off the pilot and
trigger the piezo ignitor button again. If the pilot lights, an improper
gas/air mixture caused the bad lighting and a longer purge period is
recommended. If the pilot will not light, ensure the gap at the elec-
trode and pilot is one-eighth in. to have a strong spark. If the gap is
OK, replace the pilot.
2. The pilot will not stay lit
after carefully following
the lighting instructions.
Check that the pilot ﬂ ame impinges on the thermocouple. Adjust the
pilot for proper ﬂ ame impingement.
Ensure that the thermocouple connection at the gas valve is fully in-
serted and tight (hand tighten plus 1/4 turn).
Verify proper voltage output from the thermocouple to the valve.
Place one millivolt meter lead wire on the thermocouple copper lead.
Place the second lead wire on the solder button on the back of the
valve (blue wire). Start the pilot and hold the valve knob in. The mil-
livolt reading should read 8-16 millivolts. If millivolt reading is less
than 8 millivolts, replace thermocouple.
B. Improper gas inlet pressure.
Natural gas should be 5-10 in. w.c. LP should be 11-13 in. w.c. Verify
pressure with manometer.
If the thermocouple is producing 8-16 millivolts, replace control valve.
3. The pilot is burning,
there is no burner
ﬂ ame, the valve knob is
in the ON position, and
the ON/OFF switch is in
the ON position.
A. ON/OFF switch or wires.
Check the ON/OFF switch and wires for proper connections. Place
the jumper wires across the terminals at the ON/OFF switch. If the
burner comes on, replace the ON/OFF switch. If the ON/OFF switch
is OK, place the jumper wires across the ON/OFF switch wires at the
gas valve. If the burner comes on, the wires are faulty or connections
B. Thermopile may not be gen-
erating sufﬁ cient millivoltage.
Check that the pilot ﬂ ame impinges thermopile properly.
Be sure the wire connections from the thermopile at the gas valve
terminals are tight and that the thermopile is fully inserted into the
Check the thermopile with a millivolt meter. Take the reading at TH-
TP&TP terminals of the gas valve. The meter should read 350 mil-
livolts minimum, while holding the valve knob depressed in the pilot
Heat And Glo Fireplace User Manual Download
position, with the pilot lit, and the ON/OFF switch in the OFF position.
Replace the thermopile if the reading is below the speciﬁ ed mini-
With the pilot in the ON position, disconnect the thermopile leads
from the valve. Take a reading at the thermopile leads. The reading
Heat N Glo Fireplace Owner's Manual
should be 350 millivolts minimum. Replace the thermopile if the read-
Heat And Glo Fireplace 6000 Manual
ing is below the minimum.